Result-Based Monitoring & Evaluations Tools and Techniques
Skills in Monitoring and evaluation of programmes are crucial to the successful design, and implementation of monitoring and control of programmes. Monitoring and evaluation, and sharing of results have been increasingly emphasised by national and international policy makers and programme managers. There is however a shortage of professionals with skills to conduct effective monitoring and evaluation. This training course focuses on building the capacity of professionals by providing training in monitoring and evaluation tools and techniques.
- Programme Goal and Objectives
To build capacity of participants in terms of knowledge and skills and enable participants design and operationalize context based monitoring and evaluation systems.
The programme objectives are to:
- to equip participants with skills, tools, techniques and knowledge necessary for effective monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects
- Sharpen skills of participants on monitoring and evaluation principles and techniques
- Enable participants design monitoring and evaluation systems
- Enable participants develop monitoring and evaluation plans that are based on MIS and database software
- Enable participants develop Strategies and Framework of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Enable participants operationalise developed monitoring and evaluation systems
- Target Group
The programme is of great value to programme and project administrator and managers, researchers and consultants, monitoring and evaluation officers, project managers, policy makers, economists, land surveyors, sociologists, community workers, personnel officers, leaders of civil societies, private sector operators, mayors, councillors, senior administrators for local government, Health experts, town planners, NGO employees involved in social, health and educational research activities, social analysts and advisers, academicians
- Course Content
- Key concepts and principles of monitoring & evaluation.
- Results management framework and results chain
- Research design for impact assessment and Evaluation
- Logical framework approach
- Managing the external environment
- Designing and conducting result based monitoring and evaluation
- Analysing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Management Information systems
- Result oriented reporting
5. Format & Certificates
The course consists of One (1) weeks. Participants will be required to undertake assignments and case studies both individually and in groups. A certificate of successful course completion will be awarded to all course members who attend and participate in 100% of the lectures.
6. Dates & Cost
The fee for the course will be TZS 1,200,000/=. This fee includes a comprehensive set of course notes, tea/coffee, and lunch. Payment may be in cheques or bankers draft paid directly to the Director, Tanzania Business School through our CRDB Bank Account No. 0150436567300, Morogoro.
7. How TO apply
Tanzania Business School,
P.O. BOX 1268, Morogoro.
Tel 0757 000001/2
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 6
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes